Friday, February 2, 2007

A Conversation in the OFFICE

Xx: eh…so what’s happening tonight?
Me: Nothing much just want to veg out on the couch and do nothing
Xx: Nothing eh…
Looks at me expecting answer
Me: Absolutely Nothing
Xx: That’s good then.
Still looks at me expecting a reply
My mind going a thousand miles searching for a reply,
Two second later,
Me: Yeah! Not doing much because I’m quite tired from work, just need a rest.
Xx: Good!
Still looks at me expecting me to say something
Me: Yeah!!
I smiled, and slowly turn my sight on my computer because I cannot think of anything to talk to anymore. A few seconds later, I secretly check if he’s still looking at me expecting an answer. To my horror, he is, then he smiled at me, and slowly turned his head and sight onto his computer.

Oh my god! What is wrong with him? I mean don’t you just hate it when you really have nothing to say but you still have to say something? To be honest I just want to do my own job and stay awake in the office. If I have nothing to say, just accept it, don’t try to dig out all my secrets or my daily activities. Even if I do talk about my life or my daily activities, I don’t think he will be interested as well.
The culture between two different race (say Chinese and Ang Mo) are just different.
Chinese eat rice and stir fry, celebrate Chinese New Year and have great respect for elder.
Ang Mo eat potatoes and steak, celebrate X’mas, drink beer all the time and talk bull shit.

I am not racist, or anything, but I do respect their way of living. I am just saying that my culture compare to him are different and its just hard to talk something that he (or ang mo) may find interested in, agree?

No comments: