Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Thought of Being a FLY



Every now and then, people will ask you silly question like, “if you won a million bucks what would you do with it?”or the kind.
The other day, I’ve got one question!
The question went like this : “What sort of living creature would you be in your next life?”.
Then I jokingly answered, I would be a FLY.
Next thing I know, she was burst with laughter, she was nearly in tears.
It was initially a joke just to get a few laughs, but after a few days, the joke became a thought to me.
Well, what is so funny of being a fly?
A fly, well fly, meaning you’ll get freedom. Eating/drinking cooked food from human being, meaning you don’t necessary have to work for delicious food(I’m extremely lazy, ok!). Life span of a fly is normally average of 2 days, meaning that you don’t have to live long enough to suffer. Alright, I don’t want to be bias here only talking about the pros of a fly. Cons of being a fly are, ugly looking thing, running the risk of being smacked by humans, and also if human food aren’t available, flies will turn to what came out of animals (aka SHIT, let it be chicken shit, bull shit, human shit, or whatever shit).
Now, let us analyse each one of the cons listed above.

Ugly looking thing
How often do you see ugly people walking on the street? I reckon the answer would be quite often. I am not saying I am good looking, but the fact is people might regarded me as ugly looking depending on what sort of people are judging, agree? Even Ugly people, do you really think they didn’t know if they’re ugly? They know for sure, but did they do anything trying to beautify their looks? No not really, people just get used to it, and move on with life. So, it is fair to say that if we were born ugly, well, we might complaint about it for a while, but in the end, we’ll just accept who we are and get on with life. So being ugly isn’t a major problem at least for me.

Smacked by humans
What are the possibilities of being smacked by humans, honestly! How often when you tried to smack a fly but end up unsuccessfully! Think about it, the possibility is small, and it’s unlikely. If it happens it happens! Bad luck. It is also part of my fault if I being a fly and been smacked by human. I’ve got every tools I need to move very very fast.

Turn to SHIT for food
I do agree, there are always flies around shit! But me as a fly, I will hang around at the residential and consume human food instead. It’s all about choice!

People always think of being a bird, an eagle, tiger, elephant or etc. Yeah I do agree anyone who wants freedom being able to fly where they want (being an eagle or bird) , getting security of being big (being elephant), or being popularly recognised(tiger lion).
But before being any animals stated above, think of the following question first,
Can you get up really early in the morning?(birds/eagles wake up early for food)
Are you willing to give up meat? (elephant is vegetarian)
Are you willing to work so hard every time for food? (tiger chasing down a deer)
well, if one of your answer for above is NO! then why not consider being a fly??Being a fly isn’t that bad at all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow..what an original..thought :)
Worse than being a fly is to be trapped between worlds

sakaigirl said...

Yep, I agree!