Thursday, February 1, 2007

MY LIFE

I was born in Australia, and my family were initially planning to settle down. When I was two to three years old, my parents decided to migrate back to Malaysia, Sibu, because of family business. I spent most of my childhood in sibu, and when I was sixteen years old, I came back to Australia for education. I have finished high school here, got my university degree here, and now working in a government department here in Australia as well.
Although I am an Australian citizen, every now and then, I get asked where I am from, I always say I am from Malaysia. why? because ..
  1. From my appearance, I don’t look even close like an Australian born Chinese
  2. I don’t speak fluent English like ang mo does, I speak Malaysian English (e.g. wah lao…why your face so big one lar?)
  3. I spent all of my childhood in Malaysia, I grew up eating Malaysian food and Chinese food, I am influenced by Malaysian Chinese way of living, and I love living in Malaysia.
  4. Malaysia Chinese is my background, and I’m proud of it, I don’t want to brag about or even pretend to be an ang mo just because I am holding Australian passport.

I lead a simple lifestyle, everyday, I wake up, go to work, finish work, go home, eat and sleep. I am not a boring person, but because of work, I can’t really enjoy my life. To be quite frank, I have been working for nearly a year now and I still haven’t settle for this life style yet. I imagine my life as being a free man, able to eat when I like, do whatever stuff that I like, drink coffee and smoke whenever I like. I hate doing the same thing over and over again. I hate it when I really want to do something but I can’t because I need to work. For example, go travelling.

For life, I do not need a purpose, I just want to enjoy life and have loads of money. People say money is the root of all evil, well, I say money is the root of all happiness. That also explain why although I love Malaysian lifestyle but I choose to stay here and work – MONEY. Back in Malaysia as a graduate like myself, I will probably get paid about one thousand plus a few hundred Malaysian riggit. Don’t you just hate it when you want a holiday, you have to plan and not take days off for a long time just to build up a few weeks holiday? Don’t you just hate it when everyday you wake up and think how wonderful it is to continue sleeping till your body actually tells you to wake up? Well. That’s what I am after in life.
But reality is,
as a student, you should study hard for the sake of your future and your parent’s expectation,
when you graduate,
you should work hard save hard for the sake of your future family, and a house and a car,
when you retire,
it is the time to enjoy life, but realise your body can’t really keep up to what you really want it to do (can't walk as far as used to, get tired easily, body ache and stuff)

and when time comes, you die without actually doing the stuff that you really want.
Isn’t reality harsh?
I say let us loosen up, let us evolve,
I say never be complete,
I say stop being perfect
Just let the chips fall where they may!!

Let us go CRAZY.

hahaha!

I wish, I wish I can as brave as the statement above.

well, back to reality…back to my life, back to my work, sigh~ !

No comments: